[RP TownTalk] Eat Fresh and Support Local Urban Farming with an ECO City Farms Share

Margaret Morgan-Hubbard frogwoman at mac.com
Wed Jun 10 19:46:30 UTC 2015

Eat Fresh and Support Local Urban Farming with an ECO City Farms Share

 <http://www.ecoffshoots.org/food/eco-farm-shares/>ECO City Farms, located in Edmonston and Bladensburg, has weekly farm shares available for Prince George’s County residents. The CSA bag of locally grown produce provides you with in-season vegetables picked that morning, grown by ECO City Farms or by partner farmers use the same sustainable farming methods we do. (Produce from ECO City Farms is Certified Naturally Grown, a higher standard than organically grown, certified by fellow farmers.) The season runs from now until September 30, 2015.

A weekly CSA is just $12 per week for small size or $20 for large, and pickup is on Thursdays at the Riverdale Park Farmers Market from 3-7pm or Saturdays 10-12 at ECO’s Bladensburg Farm. Visit the ECO City Farms website at www.ecocityfarms.org <http://www.ecocityfarms.org/> for more info and to download the application or email me at mmh at ecocityfarms.org.