[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 05:31:43 UTC 2015

Riverdale Park's Farmers Market Weekly Highlights
Tomorrow : June 11, 2015  3 - 7PM
@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC
station)
Get your napa and red cabbage, curly and dino kale, spring mix, collards,
mustard, baby kale, head lettuce, radishes, pac choi, spicy mix, arugula,
mini head lettuce, dandelion greens, and microgreens, fruit preserves,
apples, pastured meats, free range hen eggs, fresh small batch roasted
coffees, Viburnum, Lily of the Valley, mixed bouquets, some tulips while we
enjoy mid Spring. Don't miss it!  Evening hours are fun at the market!   We
look forward to seeing you Thursdays from 3 to 7pm at the Riverdale Park
Town Center, rain or shine.

WEATHER: 91 degrees and clear this week.
Feature Farmer: We welcome back Peachy Family Dairy to the market for their
bi-weekly appearance.

Feature News:
This week, we welcome Faulkner Branch Cidery & Distilling, Federalsburg, MD
for its first appearance of the year. Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe is
featuring the following ice cream flavors this week: Peanut Butter Ripple,
Pralines n Cream, Orange Cremesicle, and Mango Sorbet.

Through the generous contributions from the Riverdale Park Town Council and
the facilitation of the Maryland State Farmers Market Association, the
Maryland Market Money program is up and running again. Our new match amount
for the Outdoor season is up to $7 for each $7 spent at the market.

You won't see at market this week: We expect Peachy Family Dairy back next
week with their delicious goat products.

Feature Article:Why duck eggs are charming chefs...
.
Groff's Content Farm does a super job of raising pastured meats. Pick out
your favorite recipe and try some this weekend. They also have some
delightful raw milk cheeses for your enjoyment.

Growers: Groff's Content Farm - Pastured meats & eggs, ECO City Farm (peas,
fava bean, radish, spring mix, escarole/endive, kale, mustard, carrots,
kohlrabi, scallions, baby kale, spicy mix, arugula, head lettuce, pac choi,
mustard, micro greens/pea shoots), Musachio Produce (spinach, blueberries,
strawberries, spinach, asparagus, rhubarb, flowers & garlic); Boxer's Rest
Certified Organic
 will be back this week with a selection of salad greens, kale and
radishes. Blades Orchard (apples, canned peaches, preserves maybe a few
early berries (can't promise that though still a little early) and Apple
butter, Jack Creek Plants (A trio of basils available this week:  sweet,
cinnamon and dwarf! Lots of tomato plants) Don't forget Red Chimney Farm's
great flowers too!

Tasty Treats: Geppetto Catering BBQ, El Taco Loco, The Verandah (Indian
food), Roy & RT's Garden, Migue's Magnificent Mini Donuts, Stone Hearth
Bakery.

Speciality: Alaskawild Seafood's wild caught salmon, Mystic Water Soap,
Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe & Faulkner Branch Cidery & Distilling.

Entertainers: Great music from Michael Sevener & Friends.

Kid fun: Good old sidewalk chalk!
Important Notices:
Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at the farmers
market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning customers will
forgive us for this change.
Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.
http://www.culinaryone.com/why-duck-eggs-are-charming-chefs-in-2013/