[RP TownTalk] "Color & Class": A Discussion of Race, Politics & Society Hosted by Del. Alonzo Washington

Alonzo Washington alonzo at alonzowashington.com
Tue Jun 9 13:00:36 UTC 2015

Dear Riverdale Park Residents,

I want to personally invite you to join me at an event I am hosting called
"Color & Class": A Discussion of Race, Politics & Society.

Over the past several weeks, we witnessed significant civil unrest as a
result of race and class divisions in our State. It is time that we come
together as a community and participate in an open and honest discussion of
how these divisions continue to affect our own communities and how we can
begin to move beyond them.

Sponsored by the Prince George's County Peace & Justice Coalition, this
discussion will be led by a panel that includes Dr. Lois Rosado, Greenbelt
Resident & Education Activist; William David, Greenbelt Resident &
Community Activist; Carlos Acosta, Prince George's County Police Inspector
General; and Toni Holness, ALCU of Maryland Public Policy Associate.

The event will take place on Thursday, June 25th from 7:00pm-9:00pm in Room
201 of the Greenbelt Community Center.

June is Peace Month in Greenbelt, so I encourage you to join me and your
neighbors in opening this important dialogue!

Sincerely,

--Alonzo

Alonzo T. Washington
Maryland State Delegate