[RP TownTalk] Cat calls

euniverz at aol.com euniverz at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 19:25:21 UTC 2015

Hear Hear, Jonathan.

I'll add my two cents to yours.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison Street

"Cat calls" are not protected speech.We can and do have rules on the current books that make this a municipalinfraction.Section 50-11.3 (b)(3)Yelling, shouting, etc. - Yelling,shouting, or other similar activity that annoys or disturbs the quiet, comfort,or repose of persons in any office, dwelling, or anywhere else within theTown;I have yet to see enforcement of this, yet I am sure if any female intown is asked she has been harassed when walking down the major roads in townthe answer will unanimously be 'yes.'  Ask that same person what happens if theyleave their grass a little long and I bet the answer will be 'a nice bright andshiny code violation sticker.'I would love to see the town address thesafety of women with equal tenacity as we do those pesky long lawns.Just mytwo cents.JWE