[RP TownTalk] Income Inequality: Count the Trees

ourdollmom at aol.com ourdollmom at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 17:53:27 UTC 2015

I have noticed in Ward 2 as I walk this area every day that there are a lot of trees with ivy growing up them.  Eventually that ivy will reach the top of these particular trees shutting out the sunlight and these trees will fall in the owner’s yard or their neighbor’s yard or on the public sidewalk.

Benhke’s Nursery told me that all you have to do is take the woody plant snipers and cut the ivy stalks growing up the tree around the bottom of the tree where the stems/roots come out the ground.. the rest of the ivy will eventually die.  There is also a liquid you can paint on the leaves with a cheap paint brusg that will help kill the ivy.  There are some pretty big trees going to die in our section if we don’t educate people how to treasure their trees and take care of them.  But I know some people do not care about their precious trees and will just let them die.  That is so sad that some do not care & consider trees in their yard are a pain so let them die not taking into consideration that somebody could get hurt.  Emily - and just my 2 cents.

Sent from Windows Mail