[RP TownTalk] Annual Bostwick Event & other local news

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 18:55:03 UTC 2015

Happy Spring everyone!

I hope everyone is no reading this email and are instead outside enjoying the sun. The warm spring air has us thinking about our upcoming programs!

While we will be part of a special Passport to History program at Bowie Library this Saturday at 11 (great for school aged kids) and are looking forward to UMD's Maryland Day in April, we are setting our sights on May 2 & 3!

We are moving the popular Bostwick Heritage Festival from Sunday to Saturday, May 2nd at 10am to 4pm in Bladensburg. We will have our blacksmiths, black powder rifle demo, 1800s kids games, swordfighters, music and more. Currently we are looking at renting a "trolley" to visit historic sites as well.

We would love your help too! We are expanding beyond 1812 era and are looking for vendors who might be interested in showing their wares. All arts and crafts and interested non profits are invited to email me at aaron at anacostiatrails.org for info.

Then on Sunday, in addition to the Riverdale Park Arts Festival, our annual bike ride will occur at 10am. We think we will leave from Magruder Park in Hyattsville and do a loop eventually riding right through the Arts Fest to visit and shop. Put this on your calendar now and we hope to see you there for a ride, exploration, and even lunch!

Of course, many of our local sites continue to do amazing programs all summer long in Greenbelt, Mount Rainier, the Port Towns and more.

One question we often get asked is: "are you doing the Battle reenactment again?" Well, on August 15 the battle returns to Riversdale House Museum. Planning is underway to add another component at Bladensburg Waterfront Park on Sunday. Can't wait that long? Look for Marching Through Time at Marietta House in April.

You can find all this on our calendar and via our eblast. Sign up at marylandmilestones.org Contact me directly for more on ways to help at Bostwick.

Aaron Marcavitch
Maryland Milestones/ATHA inc.