[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:38:06 UTC 2015

Riverdale Park's Farmers Market

*TODAY: March 26, 2015  3 - 7PM*

*@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD*

Get your spinach, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, white potatoes, sweet
potatoes, onions, beet greens, turnips, carrots, kale, spring mix, chard,
cilantro, thyme, sage, jams and jellies, apples, pastured meats, free range
hen eggs, fresh small batch roasted coffees, goat meat and goat cheese
products, award winning wines while we enjoy the beginning of Winter. Don't
miss it!  Evening hours are fun at the market!   We look forward to seeing
you Thursdays from 3 to 7pm at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or
shine.

*WEATHER: 72 degrees and sunny, a perfect end.*

*Feature Farmer: *We have been promised the famous Amish Shoo Fly Pie at
the market this week from *Peachy Family Dairy*. They will also have fresh
ricotta, homemade caramel, goat cheeses, both aged and fresh, plus goat
meat.

*Feature Vendor*: Bowie's favorite ice cream shop, Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simple-Pleasures-Ice-Cafe/140092469358114>

 is coming over for a special appearance. Join us from 3 to 7.

*Feature News: *

This week, we say goodbye to the indoor market so we can say hello to the
outdoor market starting on April 2*.* Come by for our last hurrah in the
building.

Through the generous contributions from the Riverdale Park Town Council and
the facilitation of the Maryland State Farmers Market Association, the
Maryland Market Money program is up and running again. We will continue
the weekly $10 match of WIC (until November 30 & SNAP recipients' benefits
each Thursday until our budget runs out. Hopefully, the program can
continue until the end of the Winter season on March 26 (*new date!*).

*Feature Event: No rain or crazy temperatures. Walk, ride or drive on
over. *

*Growers:* Groff's Content Farm - Pastured meats & eggs, Full Cellar
Farm, Cat's
Paw Organic Farm, ECO City Farm(spinach, kale, and collards!) & Peachy
Family Dairy - Goat milk gelato. No goat roast. Will have home made
noodles; Pies jelly jam n aged and fresh goat cheese. Also Cat's Paw
Organic Farm...

*Tasty Treats:* Roy & RT's Garden, El Taco Loco, The Verandah Indian food,
Stone Hearth Bakery.

*Speciality: Apples & Cider from RPFM; Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe; *furnishings
by *Tanglewood Works <http://www.tanglewoodworks.com/>*

 .

Entertainers: For your music act, we have *Charles Solomon, harmonica
player. *Coming to you @ 5 PM tonight.

*Kid fun:* Crayons & paper

*Sorry, the Rooster is done until we decide what to do next.*

*Important Notices:*

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.