[RP TownTalk] Learn to Row Day, June 6, Bladensburg Waterfront Park

Kate Kelly mrs.ahkelly at gmail.com
Wed May 20 17:21:43 UTC 2015

Hello Sports Fans,

Saturday, June 6 is National Learn to Row Day
<http://www.usrowing.org/events_new/details/2015/06/06/default-calendar/2015-national-learn-to-row-day>
. Washington Rowing School <http://www.washingtonrowingschool.com/> is
hosting a free opportunity for you to tour our rowing facility, pull on a
rowing machine, and join eight others in powering an eight-oared shell. Our
Learn to Row Clinic is 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.

Rowing is a varied sport that can be enjoyed in one-person to eight-person
boats. It is an excellent all-body exercise that provides both strength and
aerobic fitness. It can be done by folks of all shapes and sizes and
provides a nice community for enjoying exercise and the outdoors.

All ages are welcome. Participation in our Learn to Row Clinic is free but
preregistration <https://www.regattacentral.com/clubs/?org_id=3742> is
recommended. Everyone must sign a waiver or, if under 18, have an adult
sign for them before participating.

We row out of Bladensburg Waterfront Park at 4601 Annapolis Road,
Bladensburg, Maryland. Our own Anacostia River provides a quiet escape from
the bustling city.

Register here <https://www.regattacentral.com/clubs/?org_id=3742>, tell
your friends, and come give rowing a try!

Let's see you there!
Kate Kelly