[RP TownTalk] Apply Now! Make an Impact- Become a White House Fellow

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Mon Nov 9 15:14:24 UTC 2015

Greetings,

We are excited to announce that the 2016-2017 White House Fellows
application is now  <https://fellows.whitehouse.gov/> LIVE.  The deadline
for application submission is January 12, 2016.

WHAT IS THE WHITE HOUSE FELLOWS PROGRAM?

Over fifty years ago, President Lyndon B. Johnson established the
President's Commission on White House Fellowships and over the course of
nine presidential administrations the nonpartisan White House Fellows
program has become the nation's premier fellowship for public service and
leadership. The program's mission is to expose Fellows to first-hand,
high-level experience in the Federal government. The program consists of a
full-time work placement in the offices of Cabinet Secretaries, senior White
House staff, and other high-ranking Administration officials. During a year
in Washington, DC, Fellows also participate in a robust education program
designed to provide a behind-the-scenes look into the inner workings of the
Federal government. It is an extraordinary year that yields a lifetime of
rewards. Learn more about the White House Fellows program
<http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows> here.

RECRUIT THE NEXT FELLOWS!

Each fall, we are honored to welcome a new class of White House Fellows and
accelerate our efforts to recruit applicants for the next class.  We invite
you to join in our efforts and know that your support will allow us to reach
remarkable leaders all over the country.  Here are 5 Easy Things You Can Do
to help us recruit Fellows:

1.       Engage One-on-One. Identify exceptional individuals who could
become White House Fellows and encourage them to apply.

2.       Send an Email. Please share information about the White House
Fellows program to your professional and social networks.

3.       Utilize Social Media. Post messages promoting the program to
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. using #WHFellows #BecomeaWHF

4.       Sponsor an Event. Please consider hosting an informational session,
panel, or reception to present the program; to the extent possible, White
House Fellows program staff will lend support and provide background
materials.

5.       Leverage Earned Media. As a thought leader in your community, we
invite you to submit op-eds, contribute to news stories, and/or author blog
posts to share your experiences with the White House Fellows program.

Thank you for your help.  Please let us know if you have questions.  We know
that your support will allow the White House Fellows program to stay strong
for years to come!

All the best,
Jenny

Jennifer Yeager Kaplan

Director

President's Commission on White House Fellowships

main: 202-395-4522

Jessica

Jessica E. Barnes

Town Clerk