[RP TownTalk] Followup: Information on Donations for Church Members injured and killed last Sunday

kathy galleher kgalleher at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 15:42:46 UTC 2015

Dear FriendsThanks to everyone for the help in locating the Iglesia Ministerio de Dios Unidos Church affected by the terrible crash on Sunday. It does share space with the Korean Church on Kenilworth as someone mentioned.   I stopped by this morning and in a graced moment, ran into an assistant pastor of the Church who was there to receive some food being sent by a local church.
We talked for a few minutes. I asked him how I and the community could help.  He shared not only the terrible sadness of the deaths of several members, but the big needs they face. Several whole families are hospitalized or sustained significant  injuries .  They are a small church (about 40 members). In some cases they are trying to take care of the children in a family because the parents are in the hospital. In other cases, t the person who was the income earner for the family is now injured and can't work.
So if you feel moved to donate anything by way of support (money or food or clothing) they would be grateful.  They are not at the church all the time, so I asked for contact information and donation information.*The Pastor is Jose A. Santos.  His address is 4344 Chaplin Street  Washington DC 20019. Donations or notes of support could be sent there. *There is  a Capital One Bank account that has been set up for directly depositing funds, but I don't feel comfortable posting the account number online. Contact me off-list if you want that.  *I have a phone number for the pastor (who is Spanish speaking) if anyone needs to get in touch with him to arrange to drop off donations.  Also, I believe they have services on Sunday evening, so it is a good bet that you could drop things off then.
I shared with him the outpouring of concern I heard from our community which he appreciated.Feel free to contact me if you have more questionsKathy