[RP TownTalk] car break-in

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 10:54:31 UTC 2015

I don't own a car, but thanks for the heads-up; I'd seen on one of the crime reports sites that there were several car break-ins, in the area.  A shame.  As for "if you see something, say something."  Well, I think we would all agree that someone you don't recognize walking down the street does not necessarily constitute suspicious behavior; however, if you see that same person walking back and forth on your street, maybe they're looking at a particular house or car for a time, or if I'd see a car parked in front of my apt. building with people sitting inside, and I didn't recognize them and they stayed for quite a while, or maybe if it was late at night, yes, I'd call the police and explain the situation. If you see situations that don't look "right," and for whatever reason don't want to call the police at that time, it would be helpful to at least try and get a good description of the people, vehicle, etc., in case something DOES happen, and then you could tell them what you've seen?  I think we all agree we don't want to play like we're civilian Barney Fifes, running around after everything we see, but a bit of caution never hurt.