[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:33:11 UTC 2015

*Today : October 22, 2015  3 - 7PM*

*@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC
station)*

Get your yellow wax and green beans, leeks, hot peppers, tomatoes (limited
supply), sweet peppers, broccoli, white & yellow potatoes, mums, squash,
winter squash, onions, apples, fresh cider, pastured meats, free range hen
eggs (limited supply), fresh small batch roasted coffees and more while we
enjoy the beginning of Fall. Don't miss it!  Evening hours are fun at
the market!   We look forward to seeing you Thursdays from 3 to 7pm at the
Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

*WEATHER: High 72, mostly sunny and 0% chance of rain this week.*

*Feature Farmers: We welcome back Cats Paw Organic Farm with their many
tomato varieties, lettuce varieties and delicious baked goods. *

*Feature News: *

*Jack Creek Plants is making their last appearance of the year due to
frost. Red Chimney Farm has cancelled for the rest of the year due to early
frost. We hope to see them in the Spring.*

Maryland Market Money is on hiatus until more funding is available,
hopefully by next week.

You won't see at market this week:* Peachy Family Dairy will be back in one
week.*

Groff's Content Farm <https://www.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm>

 does a super job of raising pastured meats. Pick out your favorite recipe
and try some this weekend. They also have some delightful raw milk cheeses
for your enjoyment.

*Growers:* Groff's Content Farm - Pastured meats & eggs, ECO City Farm,
Musachio Produce; Cats Paw Organic Farm; Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden; Jack
Creek Plants;  Blades Orchard <http://bladesorchard.com/>

's apple season is upon us.

*Tasty Treats:* Geppetto Catering BBQ, El Taco Loco, The Verandah (Indian
food), Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden; Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe, Stone Hearth
Bakery.

*Speciality: Alaskawild Seafood's wild caught salmon, Zeke's Coffee of DC,
Mystic Water Soap, A Little Pottery, Sweet Tease Bakery (Yes, they're
back!)*

*Entertainers: Excellent jazz from **Brûlée.*

*Kid fun:* Good old sidewalk chalk!

*Important Notices:*

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.