[RP TownTalk] Chocolate & Classics this Sunday at Riversdale

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Fri Oct 23 16:42:53 UTC 2015

Hi, all!

I hope you're enjoying this lovely stretch of weather! If you're looking for some weekend fun, Riversdale has you covered and we have LOTS of things happening this Sunday from noon-3:30 pm!

A Classical Afternoon celebrates the connections between the ancient world and early America. Meet with Legio XX as they demonstrate Roman battle tactics,  foodways, and more! In the mansion, enjoy tours of the house and family tours, a Greco-Roman scavenger hunt, and mosaic making! All activities are included and the cost is $3/adult, $2/senior, $1/student.

The Kitchen Guild will be highlighting The History of Chocolate during their Seasonal Selections program. Take a peek in the open hearth kitchen, as guild members cook up some chocolatey treats. Round out the afternoon while spending some time in the garden; guided tours will be offered at 1:30 and 2:30 pm.

Spaces are also still available for next Friday's Gothick Evening. Find out about these and other programs by checking out our calendar of events, http://issuu.com/pgparks/docs/riversdale_jul-dec_2015_flipbook__1,   liking us on Facebook, and joining our e-list (link below).

We hope to see you soon!

 Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> | history.pgparks.com<http://history.pgparks.com/sites_and_museums/Riversdale_House_Museum.htm>
301.864.0420 | fax 301.927.3498
Like us on Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/RiversdaleMuseum> | Sign up for Riversdale's e-list!<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481>