[RP TownTalk] Train Horns

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 21:40:36 UTC 2015

Hi Andre,

It's my understanding (and I could well be wrong!) that the sign means that
trains are no longer *required by law* to sound their horns.

That said, if the train engineer wants to sound the horn, he or she is
perfectly welcome to do so. The signs are to warn pedestrians and drivers
that the horn may not sound. But that doesn't mean they will never
sound....

-Sarah

Sarah Wayland, Ph.D. | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<http://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families