[RP TownTalk] Train Horns

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 00:45:35 UTC 2015

I don't think the pedestrian crosswalk has much to do with it....

https://www.fra.dot.gov/Page/P0104

"In a quiet zone, railroads have been directed to cease the routine
sounding their horns when approaching public highway-rail grade crossings.
Train horns may still be used in emergency situations or to comply with
other Federal regulations or railroad operating rules."

I don't know about the "other Federal regulations or railroad operating
rules", but I do know that if I had ever been the engineer on a train that
hit someone, I'd probably sound the horn for the rest of my life....

-Sarah

Sarah Wayland, Ph.D. | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<http://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families