[RP TownTalk] Train horns

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 27 10:50:59 UTC 2015

I have to agree with those that the horns should NOT stop; If you see the chances that people who are driving, walking, biking, etc., take around those tracks, every safety measure possible should be used to warn people of oncoming trains.  And those trains CANNOT stop 'on a dime'; one engineer told me if he wants to stop at the Queensbury Road crossing, even if he's going very slow, he has to apply the brake about 1/4 mile before the stop.   As for the noise?  well, I live in the apartment building on Ravenswood and Lafayette, my apartment faces the tracks, and the only thing between my building and the tracks is Lafayette Avenue - when I moved into the building, I figured that there would be trains on those tracks and I managed to get used to the horns very quickly.  Comes with the territory.