[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park FM Weekly Highlights

James Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:55:08 UTC 2015

Today : October 29, 2015  3 - 7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC station)

Get your yellow wax and green beans, leeks, hot peppers, regular & cheddar cauliflower, sweet peppers, broccoli, white & yellow potatoes, mums, squash, winter squash, onions, apples, fresh cider, pastured meats, free range hen eggs (limited supply), fresh small batch roasted coffees and more while we enjoy the middle of Fall. Don't miss it!  Evening hours are fun at the market!   Now with festive lighting! We look forward to seeing you Thursdays from 3 to 7pm at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

WEATHER: High 70, mostly sunny, windy and 0% chance of rain this week.

Feature Farmers: We welcome back Peachy Family Dairy with their delicious goat products.

Feature News:

Trick or Treat: Dress in costume if you'd like or if your kids want to. Some vendors may have candy, some may not. Either way, no pressure.

Peachy Family Dairy is back this week with fried cheese curds and their regular goat related products.

Mary's Center March of Dimes Mama & Baby Bus will be holding health screening and nutritional counseling on site for the very first time. They will also be at the market on November 12.

Maryland Market Money is back for SNAP & WIC but we have to cut the match down to $4 per week due to the overwhelming response of customers.

Elk Run Vineyards is back at the market this week.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested, please contact us.

Here's our first local business booth for this week:
Would you like to wash your fruit and veggies and drink purified water from your kitchen-sink based tailored drinking water purification system? If so, you can easily do that because of Hydroviv, a DC based company, whose Chemist/Owner created and recently released a tailored drinking water purification filter system (and an advanced shower/bath water purification filter) which are far above any similar devices. Stop by this week to see if they would be good fits for you and get your discount code.

You won't see at market this week: Jack Creek Plants and Red Chimney Farm are finished for the rest of the year due to early frost. We hope to see them in the Spring.

Groff's Content Farm does a super job of raising pastured meats. Pick out your favorite recipe and try some this weekend. They also have some delightful raw milk cheeses for your enjoyment.

Growers: Groff's Content Farm - Pastured meats & eggs, ECO City Farm, Musachio Produce; Cats Paw Organic Farm; Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden; Peachy Family Dairy;  Blades Orchard's apple season is upon us.

Tasty Treats: Geppetto Catering BBQ, El Taco Loco, The Verandah (Indian food), Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden; Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe, Stone Hearth Bakery.

Speciality: Alaskawild Seafood's wild caught salmon, Dimitri Olive Oil, Zeke's Coffee of DC, Sweet Tease Bakery, Elk Run Vineyard, Mystic Water Soap, A Little Pottery,  jewelry from LBH Designs

Entertainers: Excellent jazz from Brûlée (really this time.)

Kid fun: Good old sidewalk chalk!

Important Notices:

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in any other manner.