[RP TownTalk] Community Altar for the Departed / Altar para los Difuntos

Al Spain alisonspain at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:24:15 UTC 2015

Hello All -

The beginnings of the community altar at Archie Edwards Blues Heritage
Foundation are up in the display windows and will be lit tonight.

You are invited to add a photo of and an offering to your deceased loved
one.  I will be working throughout the day to arrange photos and
offerings.  You are welcome to contribute pictures, gifts to the dead,
decorations, food, drink, flowers, or any object or memento that you would
like to share. There are no rules, just an invitation to our loved ones and
elders to be remembered and honored and hopefully a presence among us.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to share their own tradition of honoring
the dead.

Additionally, there will be a special space for the elders of the Archie
Blues Heritage Foundation: Archie Edwards, Richard "Mr. Bones" Thomas,
Theorin B, O'Neil, Joe Watson, and N.J. Warren.  You may learn more about
these gentleman and the great work of the Archie Edwards Blues Heritage
Foundation here:

http://www.acousticblues.com/Generation/gen2gen.html

I will be in and out of the shop all day as toddler permits.  You are
welcome to add your contribution. Stop by (there will be a box by the back
door) or call /text me at 410-935-1815.  Additionally, you may drop
contributions off on my front porch at 4520 Tuckerman St., Riverdale. I am
happy to add items in the next few days as well.

There will be an active jam at the building this afternoon.  Stop by to
listen and check them out!

- Alison Spain

*Alison Spain*
ALS Studio + Design