[RP TownTalk] New art supply store open in Hyattsville

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:38:17 UTC 2016

This was posted on the HOPE list, and many follow up messages gushed about
how fabulous the store is, so I thought I'd share here for our artistically
inclined and fun-loving Riverdale Parkians.

13. New Cool Business in Hyattsville!
    Posted by: "Shani Warner" zanyshani at gmail.com zanyshani
    Date: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:29 am ((PDT))

Having seen some buzz about Artist & Craftsman Supply on Facebook over
the weekend,
I went to check out this newly-opened Hyattsville business with my daughter
yesterday. In a word, it's AWESOME! This place is so great - equally fun
for kids and adults. I saw paper, paints, canvasses, posters (even those
tri-fold ones that are good for science fair projects), tools of
indeterminate use, dyes, yarn, art puzzles, stickers, paint brushes, charcoals,
organizational cases, colored pencils, pastels, rocks, beads, a unicorn
head, and a lot more (pictures here <
https://www.flickr.com/photos/zanyshani/albums/72157667002419866>). Also, I
walked out with an otter tape dispenser, which was missing from my life.

It's at 4902 43rd Street (Hyattsville, MD 20781). Right now the Google
Maps directions
will steer you wrong (they suggest it's near the Middle School. It's not.).
It's just south of the court complex, directly across 43rd Street from the
parking entrance to the court complex. I drove around the block 3 times
looking for parking, but you can actually park right in front of the
building. Parking spaces will be painted there soon. They're open from 9 to
7 most days (10 - 6 on Sundays). They opened last week and updated the
website <http://www.artistcraftsman.com/artist-&-craftsman---hyattsville,-md>
since I first checked yesterday.

I'd so love to see this place flourish in Hyattsville. It's filled with
ridiculously gorgeous things that make me want to paint and draw and cover
things with glitter! I didn't even know art glitter was a thing.

Shani Warner
Madison Street

Sarah Wayland, Ph.D. | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<http://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families