[RP TownTalk] Community Clean Up and Earth Day Activity on Saturday, April 23

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Fri Apr 22 15:36:34 UTC 2016

Community Clean Up

Riverdale Park is having its annual community spring cleanup on Saturday,
April 23, 2016; collections end at 2:00 PM.   Residents are offered the
opportunity to put their yard waste/bulk trash items on the curb the evening
of Friday, April 22 for pick up on Saturday, April 23, 2016.

The following items ARE INELIGIBLE FOR PICKUP:

.         Remodeling lumber, flooring material, plaster, plasterboard and
interior tile

.         No fencing material or poles

.         Air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers

.         Lawnmowers or other gas powered tools

.         Automobile major components

.         Tires

.         Dirt, stone, gravel and sod

.         Concrete blocks and bricks, cement

.         Antifreeze and/or oil
Glass, windows, door panels, fish tanks

.         Paint

.         Hazardous materials and/or chemicals

Earth Day

The Town supports and participates in the Anacostia Watershed Society's
annual Earth Day Celebration in its efforts to clean up the Anacostia River.
The event will be held on Saturday, April 23, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. - noon.

Residents, youth groups, students and all interested parties are asked to
join us as we do our share to clean a portion of the river. The site
designated for our area is at Riverside Neighborhood Park, located on
Nicholson Street in Riverdale Park.

Volunteers wishing to participate in the Earth Day event are asked to call
the Department of Public Works at 301-864-1803.     Student volunteers earn
community service hours for this activity.  Refreshments will be available.

Jessica

Jessica E. Barnes

Town Clerk

Riverdale Park