[RP TownTalk] Town's Financial Situation/Executive Order Freezing Hires/Expenditures

Heather Cronk heather.cronk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:09:06 UTC 2016

Thanks for raising this issue, Jonathan.

I went to last night's meeting hoping to hear more conversation about this
(especially about the impact of a freeze on the town's ability to continue
engaging in a legal battle over the plans for ANOTHER 7-11 on Route 1), but
was sorely disappointed when the agenda was shuffled and a Purple Line
discussion was moved to the front of the agenda.  I actually really
appreciated the conversation (and was horrified by the new design that the
Governor's office is shopping around), and I stayed for 90 minutes before
having to head home -- without the conversation about the town budget even
having begun yet.

So a few things:

1) Please make sure that revisions to the agenda are announced beforehand,
so that residents can adjust schedules as needed.

2) What was discussed last night? I'd love to hear a report from the Mayor,
given that there were no minutes being taken of the meeting.

3) As an aside, I asked the Town Clerk to consider live-streaming meetings
in the future (which can be done for free) so that those residents without
local cable (myself included) can participate in these meetings from home
or while traveling.

-Heather