[RP TownTalk] Looking for DYNAMIC Sales Manager for Tanglewood Works

Susan Older sue at simplysue.com
Wed Apr 27 17:52:24 UTC 2016

TANGLEWOOD WORKS IS HIRING!

Tanglewood Works, recent winner for DC's Best of 2016 needs a Sales Manager!
Furniture and Art Store hiring Sales Manager (Hyattsville)

Do you love to sell? Do you love all thinks handmade? Do you enjoy
interior design and creating beautiful displays? Is promoting reuse
rather than waste important to you? If so than please read on. You might
be our new Sales Manager!

Tanglewood Works, is a growing collective retail shop focused on
upcycling and repurposing. (We just won Best of DC for Handmade Home
Decor 2016) Our store is a project of Community Forklift which includes
furniture, home furnishings, fine art and jewelry. We offer custom work
and a variety of DIY classes as well. More information on the shop and
the studios can be found at www.Tanglewoodworks.com

We are looking for a retail sales manager to work in the shop 3-5 days
per week (8 hour shifts). We are looking for an applicant who can greet
and sell to customers, create pleasing merchandise displays and handle
all in store maintenance including receiving orders, pricing, tracking,
scheduling and reorders.

Applicant must be friendly and outgoing and talented at sales as well as
being self directed and organized with regards to overall store maintenance.

Job duties will include but are not limited to the following:

SALES

• Great Customers (Many repeats so good with names and faces)
• Package Sales
• Sell Custom work, classes and events
• Manage potential artists and consigners
• Manage custom orders and delivery
•Manage shop on website
•Promote sales and merchandise on Social Media Platforms

EVENTS
• Coordinate shift coverage
• Coordinate in house promotions
• Find local external promotional opportunities
• Post events on social media
• Outreach coordination
• Investigate cross promotional opportunities

CLASSES AND DEMOS

• Work with artists to create and develop classes
• Reserve space
• Post online on social media
• Manage signups and payment

SHOP

• Rearrange and stage shop daily
• Mop and clean
• Dust Daily
• Check all merchandise for tags, broken items
• Clean Windows
• Water Plants
• Theme décor (seasonal)
• Receive new merchandise
• Load spreadsheets for new items

HOW TO APPLY: If interested please
1. Look over our website to learn more about our shop
2. Send me your favorite "Upcycling" or "Recycling" project that you
have done or admire.
3. Send a paragraph or short video about your work experience and why
you think your skills would be a good match for this business to
sue at tanglewoodworks.com

Be sure to include your contact information and any other relevant links.

*Pay will be determined by experience. $11-$13 per hour plus sales
commission

*Any applications that do not conform to what we have requested will not
be considered.
I look forward to hearing from you,

Sincerely,
Sue Older-Mondeel