[RP TownTalk] Marc train tips for a rookie?

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:50:15 UTC 2016

Yes, indeed! I've been a happy MARC commuter for all of the 10 years we've
lived here.

#1 is to note the "L" on the schedule for most trains that stop at
Riverdale. In practice what that means is you should subtract 5 minutes
from the printed departure time ours you're likely to miss the train!

MARCTRACKER.com is a good way to see where your morning train is, and if
it's on time or not. (Trains normally do run pretty much on time)

If you have a monthly pass ($135), that also gets you *free* rides on all
buses, Metrobus or county bus like "The Bus" our "Ride-on".

If you don't have a ticket in advance you can pay the conductor when
boarding here ($5) but get your return ticket inside Union Station to avoid
$3 surcharge that applies if you buy from the conductor.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head....

Dwight