[RP TownTalk] USATF Certified 5K Hyattsville Zombie Run – OCT 1

Bart Lawrence bartkathleen at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:57:32 UTC 2016

USATF Certified 5K Hyattsville Zombie Run – OCT 1

REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!

August 17, 2016 [X]

The Hyattsville Elementary School PTA, with major support from the MIL Corporation and the City of Hyattsville, will be hosting its inaugural Hyattsville Zombie Run on the morning of Saturday, October 1, 2016.  As part of Healthy Hyattsville! - the city’s celebration of healthy activities for residents - all fitness levels are welcome as there is a race for everyone: USATF certified 5K, 1 Mile Kids’ Challenge, or 1K Family Fun Run. All races begin and end in Magruder Park (5301 39th Ave, Hyattsville, MD 20781), and run through the beautiful, historic streets of Hyattsville, Maryland.

All 5K participants will receive a Hyattsville Zombie Run T-shirt and a goody bag. First place finishers in each age category will receive a Zombie Run medal. Participants are encouraged to get into the spirit and dress in-costume for the run.  Additional awards will be handed out for best costume, group costume, and corporate team winners.  Participants and their supporters can enjoy themselves after the finish line with food and drinks for refueling, food trucks and a local brewery will provide beer and food for purchase along with live entertainment provided by the City of Hyattsville until 4PM.

“Healthy Hyattsville is a new and exciting way for residents to help us honor Hyattsville's commitment to healthy eating and active living. We are thrilled to have the Hyattsville Elementary School PTA's Inaugural 5K Zombie Run as a part of the weekend's lineup” commented Hyattsville Mayor, Candace Hollingsworth.

Additional details including pricing, packet pickup, and course maps will be found at http://hyattsvilleespta.org/zombierun/. All proceeds benefit Hyattsville Elementary School and will help with the purchase of art supplies, instruments, classroom supplies, and more. Help us help our community! Register for your choice of race today, https://runsignup.com/Race/MD/Hyattsville/HyattsvilleZombieRun, zombify yourselves, and run!

USATF Certified 5K

$30/runner* before September 21

$35/runner* after September 21

Kids 1K & Family Fun Run

$15/runner* before September 21

$25/runner* after September 21

*plus processing fees

Special thanks to the City of Hyattsville and all our partners supporting Hyattsville Elementary School, especially our Premiere Partner, the MIL Corporation, our Platinum partner, Ann Barrett of Long & Foster Realtors, and our Gold Partners, the Hyattsville Community Development Corporation and Richard Morris, Author.

Please help spread the word!

Bart Lawrence

Hyattsville, MD