[RP TownTalk] Helping our neighbors on Tuckerman

kathy galleher kgalleher at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 13:00:16 UTC 2016

Dear friendsBetween the news of our neighbors fire and the devastating fire in the Flower Apts,it has really been brought home to me how devastating it can be to just lose.. everything....   The community has been incredibly generous to the 90 families displaced in Silver Spring.   But it made me remember our family on Tuckerman who also lost everything in the July 30th fire.
I just wanted to encourage everyone to take 10 minutes to see if there are some extra things in good condition in our homes that would help our neighbors make a home again. If you happen to have extra household goods that are sitting on a shelf in the basement somewhere- a  nice set of pans  you never used or sheets or curtains or....whatever... Consider sharing them.   I found I had some extra towels and a set of dishes, so they can set a nice table.And maybe writing a note of support. It's not just that the goods themselves are helpful, but its a tangible sign of our care and support for our neighbors. Tough times can come to any of us without warning, and when they do, it is wonderful to have a community that responds.
Kathy