[RP TownTalk] Weekly Specials - Thursday, December 1 - Winter Market is upon us!

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 02:16:55 UTC 2016

Tomorrow : December 1, 2016  3 - 7PM
@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC
station) Get your great apples, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet & hot peppers,
winter squash,  spicy mix, spring mix and arugula, multiple sweet potato
varieties, tatsoi, mums, and other Fall crops. Also beets and nasturtiums
will be featured along with late summer peppers, tomatoes, chard, sweet
potatoes, garlic, onions, apples, fresh and hard cider, pastured meats, raw
milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, many chile pepper varieties, smoked salmon
jerky, free range hen eggs (limited supply), fresh small batch roasted
coffees and more while we enjoy the Fall. Don't miss it! Evening hours are
fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every Thursday from 3 to
7PM at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.   WEATHER: High 47
and breezy. We'll be indoors this week.

Feature News: *Riverdale Park Festival of Lights & Holiday Market -
Saturday, December 17 - Noon to 8 PM *- Looking for volunteers decorating,
singing, helping Santa, and navigating trolley buses. Let us know if
interested.

Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per week match on WIC Fruit
and Vegetable Checks & SNAP purchases.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us. Our music entertainer this week will be: Miles Spicer.

Coming Attractions: BODYPRINTS will be back on December 1 indoors. . Stop
by and check us out, we will be there rain or shine! We're indoors from
this Thursday through March 30 and coming up on the holidays of 2016 with
our neighbors, friends, and vendors.

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   - Groff's Content Farm
   - ECO City Farms
   - Blades Orchard
   - Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   - King Mushrooms - is back. Come over and say hi!
   - Baraja's Produce
   - Zeke's Coffee of DC
   - Dimitri's Olive Farm
   - Stone Hearth Bakery
   - Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden
   - El Taco Loco
   - Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
   - I Confect (Desserts & Nuts)
   - Christiane's Designs (knit goods)
   - A Little Pottery

Kid fun: Crayons & Paper coming soon!!
Important Notices:
Save the Date:
*Winter Market is here!* From *December 1 to March 30 from 3 to 7 PM
Thursday*. - Need volunteers to help decorate, design temporary interiors,
etc. Please contact if interested.

Food safety notice: Due to our county's health department regulations, dogs
are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We love dogs but had too many
incidents. Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed
on Maryland Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do
not park in any other manner.

Got ideas for improvements? Talk to or email Jim Coleman and share your
thoughts!  We can do it: change begins in Riverdale Park!

Bring Your Own Bag! We are also interested in making sure folks know about
us on Yelp and Chowhound. Shameless Promotion: Check us out on Twitter,
 Facebook, and now instagram!

Our favorite nationally known local food site, localharvest.org
is always looking for more reviews of the market. Send us your recipe with
local ingredients and we'll put the best recipes in next week's newsletter
and give you a $10 Fruits & Veggies gift certificate from the market!
Facebook wants reviews of our market. Please tell your faves about our
market! If you dislike something, please tell us, rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com.
   As one customer recently told us, "Riverdale Park is the fun market!"
Each week we offer live music by award winning local artists, kids'
entertainment, and a wide selection of fresh produce and specialty items
sold directly by Maryland farmers. Held at our town center, 6404 Rhode
Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD