[RP TownTalk] UM Student Presentations on Riverdale’s Historic Houses on 12/14

Douglas McElrath mcelrathd at msn.com
Wed Dec 7 22:59:37 UTC 2016

Anyone interested in learning more about some of the stories behind five historic houses in Riverdale Park should come to the Riversdale Mansion on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.  In a 90-minute program, my students from the University of Maryland’s Historic Preservation program will present the findings of their semester-long investigations.    You will learn about the properties, but also about their owners, and how the story of each house provides an insight into our town’s history.  After the students’ presentations, there will be time for questions and a discussion of interest in developing a community history project as Riverdale Park approaches the centennial of its incorporation in 2020.  All are welcome to attend.

The five houses to be featured from Riverdale Park’s historic districts are:

4522 Tuckerman
4507 Riverdale
6304 46th
4716 Riverdale
4710 Sheridan

I hope to see many of you next week at Riversdale!

Doug McElrath

Ravenswood Rd.