[RP TownTalk] Free rowing clinic for middle and high school students

Kate Kelly mrs.ahkelly at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 13:05:41 UTC 2016

Washington Rowing is hosting a free Junior Try-It clinic, Saturday and Sunday,
March 5 and 6, 2:30 to 5:00 p.m., at Bladensburg Waterfront Park. The
clinic will introduce first-timers to this terrific sport. All middle and
high school-aged students are welcome.

We want to introduce young people to the sport, but we are also recruiting
for the spring 2016 rowing season. Participants learn in small (one-person)
and large (8 and 4-person) boats. Practices will be Saturday and Sunday
afternoons (2:30-5:00) and Tuesday and Thursday evenings (5:30-7:00 p.m.).
Rowers can register for two or four outings per week.

*Washington Rowing School* <http://www.washingtonrowingschool.com/> is a
small club for rowers of all ages. We've got lots of great equipment and
terrific coaches. We row on the calmest rowing water in the
Baltimore-Washington area. The *WRS Junior Crew* is a club program for
young people from Prince Georges County, Washington, D.C., and Montgomery
County. WRS's mission is to make rowing *fun and challenging* as appropriate
for each participant's age and skills.

Absolutely no experience is necessary and kids can advance through the
program as their skills build. We row year-round in large and small boats
and train off-water in the winter and on bad weather days so that students
get exposure to all facets of the sport.

And sometimes their parents catch the bug and want to learn to row too. We
can talk about that!

Registration <https://www.regattacentral.com/clubs/?org_id=3742> is
available online for Try It under the *Learn-to-Row* link and for the
spring season itself under *Classes & Programs* for novice (beginner) and
varsity (experienced) rowers.

Who: Middle and high school-aged students, boys and girls
When: Saturday and Sunday, March 5 and 6, 2:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Where: Bladensburg Waterfront Park, 4601 Annapolis Road, Bladensburg
How: Sign up here <https://www.regattacentral.com/clubs/?org_id=3742>!

Tell your friends! Come join us! We are looking forward to a great spring
rowing season.

Coaches Cindy, Mike, Marian, and Greg
http://www.washingtonrowingschool.com/
https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonRowingSchool/