[RP TownTalk] If anyone is going to the town council meeting tonight...

kathy galleher kgalleher at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 29 21:06:22 UTC 2016

.... Please consider speaking up in favor of removing all parking restrictions next to the park, not just 3 spaces for the dog park.  I've sent a letter to my council member, since I can't be there, but just wanted to take a minute to encourage you, if you are going, to support (and expand) the proposal.
I live one block from the park.  In the 10 years I've lived on Somerset, the on only thing I've seen these parking restrictions do is inconvenience visitors to  the park (and visitors to the residences near the park).  Countless Sunday mornings I've watched baseball teams lug bags of HEAVY equipment all the way from the parking lot to the baseball diamond, when there is an empty street just steps away. It kills me
 If it seems prudent to put  some limits (like 'for park use only', or no RV/Boat parking, or no overnight parking), I'd strongly support that.  But I'd like to see Riverdale make park access as convenient as possible for as many people as possible who use the park.
Thanks for considering this.KathySomerset Rd- Near the park.