[RP TownTalk] "Color & Class": The Conversation Continues

Alonzo Washington alonzo at alonzowashington.com
Mon Jan 4 15:58:20 UTC 2016

Dear Riverdale Park Residents,

*I am writing to invite you to participate in the second installment of my
“Color & Class” series on Thursday, January 7th, 2016 from 7:00pm-9:00pm at
the Greenbelt Council Chambers.*

Earlier this summer, we hosted our first “Color & Class” event and were
joined by over 100 residents, activists, community leaders, and local
elected officials who participated in our conversation. Since this
discussion, we have continued to witness social unrest unfold across the
Country. In light of these events, it is important that we continue to have
these open dialogues to confront the differences and divisions within our
neighborhoods and communities.

Again, this event will be led by a panel discussion, featuring newly
appointed PGCPD Police Chief, Hank Stawinski; Maryland State Delegate Erek
Barron; UMD Sociology Professor Kris Marsh; and Sheila Isong from the
Center for American Progress.

If you cannot make it out to the event, it will also be broadcast live via
YouTube, so anyone can participate and interact with the discussion from
their home.

Click *HERE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4R-lfdQnFQ>* to see why I
believe we need to continue to have these conversations! I look forward to
continuing this important dialogue with you on Thursday.

Sincerely,

-Alonzo

Alonzo T. Washington

Maryland State Delegate