[RP TownTalk] Notice of code violation on my door.

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 23:24:11 UTC 2016

Bob,

Despite the wording issue that you correctly point out, our Code Dept.
never cites anyone until at least 24 hours after the snow has stopped
accumulating--usually much later.  Because of the large number of homes
that 3 (or less) officers have to cover, they do often start posting
warnings sooner in the hope that they have few if any actual citations to
issue-- a goal I bet you agree with.

We are clearly facing at least the potential of a very large snow event and
I hope that all of us can pull together to get through it in a strong
community spirit.

For the future, I'll point out to the council that there is some ambiguity
in when to start counting the 24 hours and we should look for a reform that
is clearer.

Best wishes, stay warm and safe,

Vern