[RP TownTalk] This morning

Audrey Bragg abragg7393 at aol.com
Mon Jun 6 18:35:59 UTC 2016

 Hi all, Mayor and Council

There was a deer playing in the street today.  4900 block of Ravenswood Rd around 6:30 a.m.  I remember when all the trees were cut down on the Cafritz property, I mentioned the wildlife and was ignored.  Now we are removing more trees from the town; Field of Dreams Pine Forest and coming to you soon would be the development of the UM school on the North side of Gosling Pond.  A family of deer live in that forest.  We keep bringing in the bull dozers and chain saws and making no accommodation for the wildlife that call that area home.
2 things I want to mention:
1.  Take a look at the city of DC.  Lots of development there in the past 100's of years but they still retained their Green space.  Rock creek park, and numerous other parks in the different neighborhoods.
2.  When developers come into the town and are changing things, shouldn't our officials negotiate some kind of concession, like some green space. (please don't tell me a line of some newly planted trees along one side is really green space)
 I am asking the representatives of my town to speak out and speak up on this very important issue.  If the developers want to come into our town, then they have to be responsible.  If you don't know how to negotiate some green space concessions, then hire someone who does.  And please don't tell me it is up to the new town manager.
Right now we don't have a town manager.

Animals are coming into our neighborhoods:  Deer as I saw today, Red Fox, Rabbits, Ground hogs, Raccoons, and Opposums. These are some I actually have seen.  I love the animals and don't mind sharing my living space with them, however, it is dangerous for them.  Cars on the streets can hit the deer, deer carry ticks. wild animals can be rabid etc.  Its not good for the people and its not good for the animals.  They need their space and we are the ones responsible for seeing to it.  The deer family needs a place to go before you bring in the bulldozers and chain saws.  Or they need their own green space.  Let's get this done.

I would like to hear a plan from the Mayor or the Councilpeople on this issue.  Don't make me picket Town Hall with a sign that says "Save the Animals"...

Audrey Bragg