[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 03:15:30 UTC 2016

Tomorrow : June 16, 2016  3 - 7PM

@: 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/4650+Queensbury+Rd,+Riverdale,+MD+20737/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b7c6dbf428997d:0x5bcd03846481f063?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9747xg4zMAhUFeD4KHSDEAJcQ8gEIHDAA>
(next
to Riverdale MARC station)

Get your great blueberries?, asparagus, green beans, sugar snap peas,
garlic scapes, the last of our fava beans, spring mix, spicy mix, arugula,
radishes, scallions, carrots, kohlrabi, huazontle (Aztec Spinach), squash,
tatsoi, chard, mini-head lettuce, basil and Thai basil...perhaps
cilantro., sweet
potatoes, garlic, onions, raw peanuts, strawberries, fresh and hard cider,
pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, many varieties of
mushrooms, free range hen eggs (limited supply), fresh small batch roasted
coffees and more while we enjoy the Summer. Don't miss it!

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7PM at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

WEATHER: High *82 with spotty thunderstorms (not RP?)*. We'll be on the lot
this week.

Feature News: *Musachio Produce *has sugar snap peas, hothouse tomatoes,
and garlic scapes available this week. Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe is back
with their homemade ice cream!

Our favorite urban farm, ECO City Farms <http://ecocityfarms.org/>

, is back *every week* from here on out. We're glad to have their great
crops, positive people, and presence back for the long term.

Maryland Market Money is back on with a maximum $5 per week match on WIC &
SNAP purchases.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us.

Our music entertainer this week will be: *awesome* hyperlocal group, *UpHill
River*.

Coming Attractions: We're getting closer to adding a new vegetable farm
soon and will have an introduction once we're set to go. We'll have many
exciting additions to our market lineup this season.

King Mushrooms will be at the market tomorrow with fresh shittake, oyster,
lions mane and cremini mushrooms.

Stop by and check us out we will be there rain or shine!

We're *outdoors 3 to 7 for the rest of the year* and glad to welcome Spring
2016 with our neighbors, friends, and vendors. Tomorrow's lineup includes
the following vendors:

   - Groff's Content Farm
   - ECO City Farm
   - Blades Orchard
   - Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   - King Mushrooms
   - Musachio Produce
   - Jack Creek Plants
   - Red Chimney Farm
   - Zeke's Coffee of DC
   - Dimitri's Olive Oil
   - Stone Hearth Bakery
   - El Taco Loco - (
*now famous!
   <https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/going-out-guide/wp/2016/06/15/10-great-things-to-eat-and-drink-at-d-c-area-farmers-markets/>
   *)
   - Simple Pleasures
   - Alaskawild Seafood
   - Geppetto Catering BBQ
   - Mystic Water Soap
   - Prince George's Master Gardeners
   - Prince George's Health Department.

Kid fun: Back to sidewalk chalk!! Maybe Sprinkler tent??

Important Notices:

Food safety notice: Due to our county's health department regulations, dogs
are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We love dogs but had too many
incidents.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.