[RP TownTalk] REI in College Park - help keep it open!

Jenni Pompi jpompi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:38:11 UTC 2016

Hello Neighbors -

You may have heard that REI is strongly considering closing the REI in
north College Park (on Rhode Island Avenue) and is planning on
consolidating its operations into a larger store in NE Washington DC. I
know that many Riverdale Park residents are fans of this store and its
convenient access to both a larger community of outdoor enthusiasts and to
its goods and services, so I was wondering whether you might consider
signing the petition below? REI is, as you know, a Co-Op, so we think that
a strong show of support for the local store could go a long way with the
Board of Directors.

https://www.change.org/p/rei-board-of-directors-keep-rei-in-college-park

Thanks!

Jenni Pompi