[RP TownTalk] Change in Government

Audrey Bragg abragg7393 at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 23:24:26 UTC 2016

Just reading the Town Crier and Mayor's report regarding the change in the town government.  A professional manager will be in charge of the town instead of the Mayor.  I would like to hear what other residents have to say about this and I do have questions.
Will the CEO be required to live in the town?  I think this is very important.
What are the education and experience requirements for the position?
Why do we even need a Mayor if the CEO is in charge?  Why not just have a board?
Will the Mayor and Council be the only ones who decide this matter or will it go to referendum for a vote by the residents?
Who will the CEO be responsible to?  Can the council hire and fire?  Is the CEO elected or appointed by council?
Do any of the other local towns do this and how does it work for them?
I think this is a very serious and important matter and I think the residents need to be involved and notified when we can review any legislation and ask questions and it should be well advertised so people are aware and know what's going on.
I would really like to hear the opinions and ideas and questions from the residents.
Audrey Bragg