[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Follow-up Re: Change in Government

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 8 20:08:37 UTC 2016

Mayor Archer, Council members,
I have read and studied the Proposed Charter changed introduced at last
evenings session.

On March 4th, 2015, I posted this (excerpted) to the town talk discussion:
Alan,
Thanks for all the detail thus far. Thanks to Marilyn and Audrey and
others for asking such good questions.

I have a slightly complex question (complex in phrasing properly) set to
offer.

What is the gain for the town in having town manager and what does the
town (or what do the people of the town and the council as elected reps)
loose in having a town manager?

I obviously have more detailed questions, but this sort of top level can
start the conversation.

Thanks
bob smith
ward 3

I have not yet seen a response. Perhaps there has been a response that
was not delivered or it is hung up in the internet system somewhere.

While I understand that there are other pressing matters that take
attention away from this conversation, I am concerned that the clock is
ticking on this now that it has been introduced and those questions have
not been answered.

As I stated, I am interested in seeing these questions answered, in open
dialogue, so that we can call engage in detailed discourse on the impact
of this proposal should it be passed.  An informed citizenry is
essential for the future of Riverdale Park.

Respectfully,
Bob Smith,
ward 3.