[RP TownTalk] Rivers to Rockets Bike Rally, May 7, 10am, Waterfront Park

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 18:26:10 UTC 2016

Hello everyone!

No jinxes, but the day looks sunny on Saturday.Maryland Milestones/ATHA Inc. is pleased to be offering our annual Rivers toRockets Bike Rally on May 7, leaving at 10am, from Bladensburg Waterfront Park.This ride will leave up the Northeast Branch to Berwyn Heights (to take a lookat new signs and repair station as well as Berwyn Heights Day), then returnsouth on the Trolley Trail, where we will cross into University Park. Throughthe generosity of the University Park council, mayor, and police, our group will ride throughUniversity Park before returning south on the Trolley Trail to Hyattsville at Franklins Brewery.There we will get a glance at the new Heritage Center for ATHA Inc. (the Pyramid Atlantic Art Center) and returnto Bladensburg Waterfront Park for lunch. All riders get lunch if you ride with us. If you sign up online we willbe sure to reserve a t-shirt for you as well. (Limited supplies on-site). Proceeds will support MarylandMilestones/ATHA Inc. after paying for costs. County Council District 2 and 3 aswell as MNCPPC and Maryland Heritage Areas Authority are all sponsors.  Ride leaders from Proteus Bicycles and supportfrom Arrow Bicycles will both be participating.

We would love for you to ride with us and get a look at thetrail system and where it goes.  Perhapsyou have ridden the trails before? Well come and join other riders who areinterested in the Anacostia Tributary Trail System. This ride is about 13 milestotal with a mix of trail and on-road riding. We will have Park Police, UPMDPolice, and a Ranger all riding with us for safety. Families are encouraged toride.  We also have a few special electedofficials joining us as well.

Sign up ahead of time at http://www.marylandmilestones.orgto ensure you get a t-shirt!

Hope to see you on Saturday.

Aaron Marcavitch, Executive Director

Maryland Milestones/ATHA Inc.

P.O. Box 367, Hyattsville, MD 20781

301-887-0777 (p)

301-887-1077 (f)

www.marylandmilestones.org

**Support Maryland Milestones with a contribution at GoFundMe**