[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park's future

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Sat May 7 17:48:41 UTC 2016

Friends and neighbor's,

I've been thinking a lot about the town, our history, and future the last
few months.   Many years ago, when I was the Deputy Town Administrator for
the town, I used RP's vision statement to guide some of my activity.  I
wasn't in the town back in 1999 when it was created, but the work that I
begun on the trolley trail came from that document and vision.  In case you
are curious, here is a link to the 1999 vision/plan
http://www.ci.riverdale-park.md.us/AboutRiverdalePark/TownVision/default.html
(BTW, I feel like the original document may be longer than what is online
from what I remember).  Much has changed, but there are still some great
ideas yet to be realized and I am sure there is more to include especially
with all of our new residents.

*I am going to encourage the Town Council to include funds in this year's
budget to create a new strategic plan for the town *(see example from
College Park
http://www.collegeparkmd.gov/programs_and_initiatives/2020strategicplan.php).
I believe as we make this government transition as well as engaging in
hiring a new town manager, it is important that we use all of our talents
to chart the next years and beyond.  A solid strategic plan involves
gathering input from residents and setting a clear vision and goals for
staff, council, and residents to work on together.

I hope you will also encourage the Mayor and Council to invest in a
strategic plan.  In the meantime, for those new to town, I encourage you to
sit in and attend a few meetings. It's what I did when I first came to town.

Take care,
Dannielle

--
Dannielle Glaros