[RP TownTalk] Streets and cross walks.

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Mon May 9 18:21:30 UTC 2016

Happy Rainy day to everyone.

I would like to know why we do not have cross walks at every
intersection that has a stop sign and a crossing/curb egress point.

Does anyone know?

Out driving a little this morning I am reminded of how many stop signs
we have in the section of Riverdale Park between Kenilworth and Route 1.
I do like the speed quenching of the traffic signs because of all the
children and pedestrians.

I also note that without crosswalks, it seems pedestrians and children
crossing can fall into the J-walking trap, and thus are at the mercy of
drivers who do not recognize pedestrian safety.

Thanks
bob smith
5001 riverdale road