[RP TownTalk] Full Budget Information

Jonathan Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Sat May 21 02:49:59 UTC 2016

All

Please find the full budget with all the supporting documentation here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xroimgxrttbm2t5/FY17BUDGET_NOSALARY.pdf?dl=0

I redacted the Administrative, Police, and Public Works salary information.  Although it is all public information, I am trying to err on the side of caution with respect to basic privacy concerns.

JWE

Some highlights:

1)      $1500 listed on Page 7 (Mayor and Council OOE) as Sister City Activities is the Mayor's paid vacation down to Guatemala in June.

2)      $6500 for a Council retreat in addition to 13,500 for the Ocean City boondoggle?  The 'retreat' is a new one to the budget.

3)      $26,000 listed in the same section for New Town Manager.....not quite the 'modest' 10% increase our elected officials continually claimed.

4)      Page 16 (Financial Services) also lists out $30,000 for the town's continued Accounting Contract.  So much for the the Town Manager and/or Finance Director taking over responsibilities.

5)      I am deeply concerned about Page 121 (Appropriated Surplus).  The starting point used in the calculation of what we have in the General Fund was $2,616,418 (as of 6/30/2105).  Page 13 of our FY15 audit that accounts for that number clearly reflects that the $912,118 'Appropriated Surplus' used as structural deficit spending to balance FY16's budget is NOT included.  The actual starting point listed on Page 121 of our budget should be $2,616,418 LESS $912,118 or $1,704,300 leaving a balance in the General fund of only $8,017 (with the 1.5mil or three months reserves in the rainy day reserves).  Unless I am missing here we have three months reserves and that is basically it.