[RP TownTalk] Very sad news about Joanna Blake

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sun May 29 15:41:45 UTC 2016

Thank you for posting, Dan. I was devastated to learn of her death as well.
Below is information from the HOPE (Hyattsville Organization for a Positive
Environment) e-mail list about a memorial service for her in Bladensburg,
tomorrow (Monday).

6. Post article about Joanna Blake
    Posted by:  clearcreek at talk21.com clearcreekoklahoma
    Date: Sat May 28, 2016 10:15 am ((PDT))

Yesterday the Post published this article about our neighbor's death:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/friend-of-local-sculptor-killed-in-crash-the-world-has-missed-out/2016/05/27/a12c3a04-238e-11e6-9e7f-57890b612299_story.html

Another neighbor in Cottage City sent this notice yesterday.  Anyone who
knew Joanna, or admired her work, would be very welcome in Bladensburg on
Memorial Day.

 Dear Neighbors and Friends of Joanna Blake,

 We  have a Port Towns tradition on Memorial Day to gather at the Peace
 Cross to pay our respects to those who have given their lives in
 service.  This is a day that we can come together to remember Joanna
 Blake.

 The ceremony at the Peace Cross will culminate with a tribute to
 Joanna and we will walk to the Battle of Bladensburg Monument to
 remember her life and mourn her passing (the Monument is located on
 Bladensburg Rd north of the entrance to the waterfront park.)

 Please join us at the Peace Cross at 11:30 am on Monday to share
 memories and photos, lay a flower, and be together.

 Please spread the word in your community.

 Denise

 BTW - To contribute to a fund for the family - visit the Cottage City
 Town Hall and talk to Stan Mosely, our town administrator.

-----

Kirk in Cottage City

Of necessity we must be sorrowful when those whom we love leave us in
death.  Although we know that they have not left us behind forever,
but only gone ahead of us, still when death seizes our loved ones, our
loving hearts are saddened by death itself.  Thus the apostle Paul
does not tell us not to grieve, but 'not to grieve like those who are
without hope.'  Let us grieve, therefore, over the necessity of losing
our loved ones in death, but with the hope of being reunited with
them.  If we are afflicted, we still find consolation.  Our weakness
weighs us down, but faith bears us up.  We sorrow over the human
condition, but find our healing in the divine promise.
 - St Augustine

Sarah Wayland, Ph.D. | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<http://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families