[RP TownTalk] Fireworks thrown at home

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 12:09:16 UTC 2016

 Saw a news story last night where a family in Riverdale had to deal with someone throwing lit fireworks on their front porch about 2:00 in the morning.  Did anyone else see this story and know whereabouts in Riverdale/Riverdale Park it happened?  Reason I ask - a few weeks back, in the early evening hours, I was in my apartment and heard several "shot-like" noises outside.  I peeked out and didn't see anything.  Heard more, and I cautiously raised the window; still didn't see anything, but DID smell a strong gunpowder odor.  I called the police and they found a few exploded firecracker-type shells right by the building.  There's another apartment below mine and if those shells had hit the windows, the tenants below me could've been badly hurt by flying glass.  Everybody, please, keep an eye out for what's going on around you, esp. as we get closer to the Fourth of July and fireworks will be more available over the State line.