[RP TownTalk] Did You Know About the Town Budget?

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Tue May 31 17:22:44 UTC 2016

Thank you Mr. Laureys.
I find a number of items you cite both interesting and concerning.

When I asked repeatedly what the cost projection was for the new
position of town manager, I was assured it was about 10 per cent above
town administrator.  I am quite disappointed in those who told me, and
town talk the projection was 10 percent.

When I asked, verbally, how many employees the town had in public
safety, police and code enforcement, I was provided a number I recall as
greater than 50.  Yes, you can say that this is hear-say, but that is
what I heard.  The data you are providing I do not doubt is accurate and
as reflected in the budget. I am concerned about inconsistent answers
from the council and mayor.

I sincerely appreciate the diligent way you have gone through the
budget, and thank you for raising all the information that should
concern all of us.

bob smith
5001 riverdale road
ward 3