[RP TownTalk] With a Little Help from Our Friends—Creating Community as We Grow Older (November 12, 4:30 p.m., University Park)

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Mon Nov 7 14:35:15 UTC 2016

Coming Soon!
BETH BAKER, Author and Award-Winning Journalist With a Little Help from Our Friends—Creating Community as We Grow Older

Saturday, November 12, 2016    Hospitality 4:30pm   Program 5:00 pm
University Park Church of the Brethren
4413 Tuckerman Ave, University Park, MD 20782
In her book, Beth Baker tells the story of people devising innovative ways to live as they approach retirement, options that ensure they are surrounded by a circle of friends, family, and neighbors. Based on visits to many communities around the country, Beth Baker weaves a rich tapestry of grassroots alternatives, some of them surprisingly affordable.
A panel of residents from University Park, College Park, and Hyattsville will join with Beth Baker after her presentation to talk about the activities and initiatives presently underway in our respective communities.  Join us!
Sponsored by UP 2nd Saturday Series and CP Explorations on Aging
Questions? davidcbrosch at comcast.net<mailto:davidcbrosch at comcast.net> or mccbonnie at verizon.net<mailto:mccbonnie at verizon.net>  301-935-5111

Jessica
Jessica E. Barnes
Town Clerk