[RP TownTalk] "Trick or Trail" - Ribbon Cutting for new Anacostia River Trail Connection, October 31, 10am.

Maureen Farrington maureen.farrington at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:28:20 UTC 2016

Good news, neighbors!

The Anacostia Riverwalk Trail is complete!  You can now ride the trail  all
the way from Bladensburg Waterfront Park to Benning Road (and you can start
on the NE or NW Branch Trails to get there...) It's a beautiful ride that
goes right along the Anacostia River. This makes 17 miles of trails that
traverse the river, and connects 70 miles of "bike highway" in the area.

Hence, #TrickorTrail! The official ribbon cutting is on the morning of
Halloween, and there is going to be a costumed bike caravan riding together
to the ceremony at Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens. One group is leaving from
Bladensburg Waterfront Park at 9:15am, and there will be another group
riding in from DC (details coming soon).   At BWP the Anacostia Watershed
Society will be running a "popup pitstop" starting at 7:30 am with coffee,
treats, etc, for bike commuters who might not be able to join the ride
later. Oh yeah, and its FREE!

It would be wonderful if we could get a good Riverdale contingent for
#TrickorTrail. I work for the Anacostia Watershed Society, and we are
partnering with Washington Area Bicycle Association (WABA), the Capital
Trails Coalition, and Maryland Milestones/ATHA to celebrate the grand
opening of this trail. For AWS in particular, this is the culmination of
work we started 20 years ago, and we are way excited to see it become a
reality.

I also know some of you have been riding the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail
already, so you know just how awesome it is.

Hit me up if you have any questions!
-Maureen
---

Cyclists get a leg up on a Halloween treat with... #TrickorTrail

Costumes encouraged!

The inaugural ride for the ribbon cutting for the newly completed Anacostia
Riverwalk Trail

Popup Pitstop

@ Bladensburg Waterfront Park

7:30am

Group Bike Ride to Ribbon Cutting

See website for meeting locations and times

*(Bladensburg Waterfront Park, LEAVES at 9:15am)*

Official Ribbon Cutting

@ Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens

10am

More info and RSVP at