[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park's Historic Houses

Douglas McElrath mcelrathd at msn.com
Mon Sep 5 16:18:26 UTC 2016

Hello All:

I am teaching a class this fall at the University of Maryland for graduate students in the Historic Preservation Program where they learn research techniques for documenting historic structures.  This year, Riverdale Park's houses are the focus of our research, and I am looking for any home owners who are curious about the history of their houses.  The students will do all the work and although they may take a photo of the house exterior, there is no need to go inside.  Your only obligation will be to be interviewed for about an hour by a student who will ask what, if anything, you know or heard about your house and neighborhood.  This interview can be conducted in person or by phone or email.  The students will present the results of their research at Town Hall in at a public event in December where all will be invited to attend.

Riverdale Park has a wealth of older houses, concentrated in the two National Register Historic Districts located roughly to the west of Taylor.  If you live in an historic house (defined for this project as pre-1940) and would like to learn more about its history, please let me know.

Thanks,

Doug McElrath

4901 Ravenswood Rd (Ward 2)

dmcelrat at umd.edu