[RP TownTalk] Meet PGCPS CEO Dr. Kevin Maxwell Next Monday

Alonzo Washington alonzo at alonzowashington.com
Wed Sep 14 15:10:23 UTC 2016

Dear Riverdale Park Residents,

*I am writing to invite you to join me for my 1st Annual District 22 PTA
Ice Cream Social on Monday, September 19th from 6:30pm-7:30pm at Yogi
Castle (5501 Baltimore Avenue, Hyattsville, MD) with special guest, Dr.
Kevin Maxwell.  *

Another school year has just begun, and I want to provide you with the
opportunity to share and discuss any thoughts or ideas you may have to
improve our public school system. Dr. Maxwell covers all 209 schools in our
County and represents over 148,000 teachers, students, and administrators,
so I encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to speak with him
directly and informally about these concerns.

>From issues of education funding to student testing and financial
accountability, it is extremely important to me that your voice is heard. I
know there is still much work that needs to be done within our school
system to ensure that our students are receiving the quality education they
deserve, but we will only begin to see the positive changes we want if we
work together!

Whether you have students in our school system or not, I hope you will join
me in this open, informal discussion and for some free ice cream.

See you on September 19th!

Sincerely,

-Alonzo

Alonzo T. Washington