[RP TownTalk] Huh/WF

Jonathan Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Thu Apr 13 14:59:22 UTC 2017

Couple of observations:
-WF model is to have unique offerings at each store.  Not every store will have our guacamole bar (which as a Californian I love) or cold brew coffee/juices, just like other stores will carry other things not found at the RP store.  As others have already indicated, they are entirely open to suggestions so use the store's real time texting feedback function.

-I hope they are going to correct all their branding/signage issues including the tiled pizza oven.  The bags will be cheap in comparison to everything else.  Pretty significant gaffe and annoyed many of us.

-The average world-wide size of WF is ~32,600 as of 2016.  There are a couple stores missing in the list (40k H-Street recently opened and the Tysons/Boro 70k 'flagship' yet to be opened because I did not have access to exact sq. ft. statistics).  The three largest stores locally will be: 1) Tysons/Boro (70k) 2)Riverdale Park 40k 2(tie)H Street (40k).  Keep in mind that the RP store was initially committed to be 32k sq. ft. during the entitlement/zoning/permit process and according to the covenants (legally binding agreement between the towns and the developer).  The store size actually grew when it was finalized and more gross floor area was delivered than legally required.
-In MD you have the following stores and the respective sizes:
              -Rockville: 28,258
              -Silver Spring: 35,000
              -Annapolis: 25,132
              -Baltimore (Harbor East): 25,000
              -Baltimore (Mount Washington): 24,500
              -Bethesda: 23,780
              -Gaithersburg (Kentlands): 35,877
-In DC you have the following stores and the respective sizes:
              -Georgetown: 35,000
              -P Street: 36,500
              -Tenley Town: 28,000
-In VA you have the following stores and the respective sizes:
              -Alexandria (Annandale): 29,811
              -Arlington: 39,000
              -Charlottesville: 27,842
              -Falls Church (Tysons): 29,556