[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 02:57:56 UTC 2017

Tomorrow : April 20, 2017  3 - 7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale
MARC station) Get your great potatoes, spinach, kale, and arugula, multiple
sweet potato varieties,  and other crops while they last.  Garlic, onions,
apples, fresh and hard cider, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh
goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen eggs (limited supply),  and
more while
we enjoy the changing seasons. Don't miss it! Evening hours are fun at the
market! We
look forward to seeing you every Thursday from 3 to 7PM at the Riverdale
Park Town
Center, rain or shine.  WEATHER: High 84 & more unstable late.

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors: Groff's Content Farm
<https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Blades Orchard
<https://business.facebook.com/Bladesorchard/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Cat's Paw Organic Farm, King Mushrooms
<https://business.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Oksana's Produce Farm
<https://business.facebook.com/oksanasproducefarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Jack Creek Plants, Barajas Produce
<https://business.facebook.com/barajasproducee/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Zeke's Coffee of DC
<https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Dimitri Olive Oil
<https://business.facebook.com/DimitriOliveOil/?business_id=519659454902835>
, I Confect
<https://business.facebook.com/I-Confect-104798926229583/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Stone Hearth Bakery, El Taco Loco, Roy & Rt's Kitchen & Garden
<https://business.facebook.com/royandrt/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Alaskawild Seafoods
<https://business.facebook.com/Alaskawildseafoods/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Geppetto Catering
<https://business.facebook.com/GeppettoCatering/?business_id=519659454902835>
 BBQ, Mystic Water Soap
<https://business.facebook.com/Mystic-Water-Soap-281710141273/?business_id=519659454902835>
, and Roots & Shoots Bake Sale for UNICEF.

Music Acts: *Audrey Engdahl, 5 to 7PM.*

Kid fun: Sidewalk Chalk

Feature News:
*Oksana's Produce* is featuring beet greens , radish microgreens,  leaf
lettuce, Asian Greens Tokyo Bekana. Ferments: Traditional Russian kraut ,
Smokey Thai , pink Sapphire, curried cauliflower , and kimchi.

*Groff''s Content Farm* is featuring Meatball Marinara and Spaetzle on
their prepared meal menu.

*Jack Creek Plants* is making their first appearance of the season..

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement
our food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot
at the farmers market to offer services and goods that the market
doesn't offer for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If
you're interested, please contact us.

Coming Attractions : Unfortunately, ECO City Farms' status is questionable
for 2017. Musachio Produce is out until ? Red Chimney Farm will be coming
back on a guest vendor basis. Many new vendors will premiere this season.

We're outdoors from this Thursday through November with our neighbors,
friends, and vendors. Outdoor market is coming soon! As always, it will
trickle along
until the weather stays warm for a while and more things come up from the
ground.
It's still an exciting time of year, even if it takes a while to get going.

Important Notices:
Outdoor market runs every Thursday from now to November
16 @ 3 to 7 PM Thursdays.

Food safety notice: Due to our county's health department regulations,
dogs are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We love dogs but had
too many incidents. Important note about parking: only parallel
parking is allowed on Maryland Ave (the road that passes under
East-West Highway) -- please do not park in any other manner.