[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 03:29:53 UTC 2017

Tomorrow : August 10, 2017  3 - 7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

So, you want to go to a great market event! Maryland Farmers Market
Association is co - hosting with us tomorrow for Maryland Farmers Market
Week! This is the one with special guests, Market tours, giveaways, cooking
demos, 4 hours of live music, face painting, great local food and so much
more.

Special Guests: County Council Vice Chair Dannielle Glaros’ Office & State
Senator Paul Pinsky

Music: 3 to 5PM: Audrey Engdahl; 5 to 7PM: Charles Solomon & Rick Franklin

Get your great Fuji apples, blueberries, blackberries, black & red
raspberries, sweet & tart cherries, yellow, white & donut peaches, beets,
broccoli, green beans, bell peppers, potatoes, chinese & regular cabbage,
cauliflower, collards, fennel, spinach, dino, green & red boar kale; red &
yellow onions, swiss chard, arugula, okra, sugar snap peas, some
microgreens and other crops while they last.  Spring onions, apples, fresh
and hard cider, apple sauce, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat
cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen & duck eggs,  and more while we
enjoy the changing seasons. Don't miss it! Evening hours are fun at the
market! We look forward to seeing you every Thursday from

3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the Riverdale MARC
train station).

WEATHER: High 83, intermittent clouds & breezy.

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm
   <https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Blades Orchard
   <https://business.facebook.com/Bladesorchard/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard <http://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>
   -

   ECO City Farms
   -

   Jack Creek Plants
   -

   Barajas Produce
   <https://business.facebook.com/barajasproducee/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   <https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   I Confect
   <https://business.facebook.com/I-Confect-104798926229583/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Dimitri Olive Oil
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   El Taco Loco
   -

   Roy & RT’s Kitchen & Garden (Continued support makes it work..)
   -

   Old Smokey's BBQ
   -

   Twin Valley Distillers
   -

   Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
   -

   A Little Pottery
   -

   Prince George’s County WIC office
   -

   County Council Vice Chair Dannielle Glaros’ Office

Music Acts: Audrey Engdahl - 3 to 5PM; Charles Solomon & Rick Franklin - 5
to 7PM.

Kid fun: Sidewalk Chalk

Feature News: Farmers Market Week!!!

A Little Pottery is coming to market again.

Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per week match on

WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program vouchers, WIC Fruit and Vegetable
Checks & SNAP purchases.

Prince Georges County Health Department will distribute WIC Farmers Market
Nutrition Program vouchers this week.

King Mushrooms
<https://business.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
& AlaskaWild Seafoods will be back next week due to personal obligations

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $28 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us.

Important Notices:

Food safety notice: Due to our county's health department regulations, dogs
are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We love dogs but had too many
incidents.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.

Got ideas for improvements? Talk to or email Jim Coleman and share your
thoughts!  We can do it: change begins in Riverdale Park!